In order to support your care, Medserena healthcare professionals maintain records about you. We take great care to ensure your information, which may be electronic, on paper or both, is kept confidential, secure and used appropriately. Our staff are fully trained to understand their legal and professional obligations to protect your information.
What information could we hold about you?
- Your name, age, and contact details.
- Details of your appointments and centre visits.
- Records about your health, illness treatment and care.
- Results of your MRI investigations.
- Information from other health professionals.
- Details of your credit/debit cards or banking information.
- Patient experience feedback and surveys.
- Information about complaints and incidents.
- Records of calls we receive or make.
- Other information we receive from other sources, including from your use of our website and other digital platforms or information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
When is your information shared?
We will only pass on identifiable information about you with health professionals who are treating you to support the direct provision of your care. They will ask your permission to see your information when they see you. We will not disclose your identifiable information to anyone else without your permission unless in exceptional circumstances (i.e. life or death situations), or where the law requires it. If you have private healthcare insurance, certain details may be shared with the company of which you are a member to ensure that payment can be made to us for the procedure you have received.
You have the choice to share or not to share
You can ask for all or some of your information not to be shared outside of the centre. If you decide not to share at all this will not affect your entitlement to care. However, it may result in the delivery of your care being less efficient as clinicians will not see your full MRI history. If you have any concerns about how your information is shared or held, please contact the responsible data protection lead at the centre.